I’m in love with her look in this movie! 1940s was such a glamorous era, every woman in the movie rocks bold red lips and knee-length dresses which I much adore. After watching this movie, I pulled out all my bold lipstick and from now on will try to wear them more often. This is my attempt to re-create her look in this movie. Btw, it’s such a great movie and I recommend you to watch it!
PS: Ryan Gosling is such an eye-candy..
Always start with a fresh clean face, and then you can do your foundation/face routine. Here, I used my Skin 79 BB cream and applied Urban Decay eye primer.
1. With an eye shading brush, I applied white eye shadow only on my lids.
2. With a pencil brush, I applied medium brown color on my crease. Remember, always to start slowly and build the color until you are satisfied. I used feather light stroke along my crease. Take your time.
3. With blending brush, blend away any harsh line..
4. With the same pencil brush, apply dark brown shadow in the outer corner of your eyes. Focus on the ‘>’ edge as seen on the picture.
5. Bring down the dark brown shade to your bottom lash-line.
6-9. This is the major part for the look beside the lip. Draw a winged-liner! The important thing to remember is to use your trusty liquid liner and try to draw the line as close as possible to your natural lashes (just follow your natural eye shape). The thinner the line, your eyes will look bigger.
10. Here, I curled my lashes and apply false lashes. If you wish, you can add mascara and leave the false lashes step.
11. For cheek, I just use my YSL touché blush (#6) and blend it with a large angled contour brush.
12-13. Lip part! I used my red liner and then applied burnt red lipstick by Revlon (Crimson) which I love love love.
Brushes that I used are by Sigma.
Thanks for reading! Hope you will try this look. Let us know your thoughts about the movies and the makeup looks..